Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Diabetes Can be Spendy or Thats Ok Keep the Change in Your Own Pocket


As a Diabetic without Insurance it is difficult to find economical Diabetic Supplies sometimes.  In the town I live in we don't have to many options for finding Diabetic Supplies in the Stores.  I was able to go to the Walmart and they did have a variety of meters and test strips. I purchased a ReliOn confirm/micro for $9.00 and the test strips were $19.99 for 50.  Just a couple of weeks ago I bought another meter it was without all the bells and whistles though.  It also was a ReliOn  Prime and it was $16.00 meter but for 50 test strips it was $9.00.  Of course each state may vary with prices.

For others who wish to use the internet to purchase with Medical Insurance or Medicare there are several different sites that offer different discounts.  One of my favorite sites that I have found is the American Diabetes Wholesale on line.
Link:   http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.com/

Special:  http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.com/product/free-truebalance-meter-kit_1606_120.htm

70% OFF! Retail Price: $65.97 Your Price: $19.49


Special: http://www.americandiabeteswholesale.com/product/free-truetrack-smart-system-meter-kit_1591_120.htm
77% OFF! Retail Price: $92.97 Your Price: $21.49 

Special:   Clever Choice Mini Blood Glucose Meter - Grey w/ 100 strips
 56% OFF! Retail Price: $70.97 Your Price: $30.99
It also comes in other colors such as blue and red. You will need to go to the website and look through all the really great options for you.

 I just went to the doctor and then took a trip to my local pharmacy and found myself just pulling out $52.00 on medications.  Usually I would have paid no payment but because of the type of Medications I have had to get and the fact that my insurance company didn't get my insurance papers correct in time I was stuck paying a bill.  Now most people would say that $52.00 wasn't much however it is when you are living on a budget and trying to make ends meet.  So I want to share some information about shopping and finding your prescripstion's for reasonable prices.  

Wal*Mart Pharmacies offer a wide range of prescription's for $4.00 and some for just slightly higher prices if you are without insurance.  They have a list at their store that gives you all the information you want.  Go to Wal*Mart Pharmacy Savings Tools

Prescription Help Information Sites.
https://www.pparx.org/ 1-888-4ppa-now (1-888-477-2669) Toll Free. Find out if you are elegible.

http://www.needymeds.org/  For helpline calls, call 800-503-6897.

http://coverageforall.org/pdf/FHCERxAssistanceProgramsGuide.pdf

This is just some of the options that are out there for you.  You could really use a numerous amounts of assistance programs.  Be sure to check if you have medicare or medicaid with your insurance information hotlines and ask questions so you are well informed and have all the information you may need before going any further with discount programs and options.  Some of your insurances will allow discount cards etc.  Also if you are over 50 you can use AARP they often offer discount on products through them. 

If you have any questions regarding any of the information that has been provided for you feel free to write me and I will answer any questions you might have.  You may even just have a comment or would like to share your information on this blog if so connect with me @ diabetic.day2013@gmail.com. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment