Saturday, August 31, 2013

My Diabetic Gastro Issues Things are out of Wack

 
 
Really!  You must be joking!  No I am not!  The problems that come along with Diabetes also can and does make difficulties for you with your Gastrointestinal issues.  I know they have interfered with mine and I am not ashamed to say that.
 
I had no clue that my Diabetes could cause havoc with my intestines.  Things started to happen that I was not used to.  It began with irregularity with my stools.  I used to be someone who never skipped a beat being able to go to the bathroom and do the #2.  Then my stools became hard and it became difficult to go.  The thing I think bothered me the most was that I had no urge to go at all.  Even though this was happening it wasn't a everyday thing, I just didn't know when it would happen. 
 
Since moisture is one of the things we lose when we are Diabetic I was unaware of the fact that the intestinal tract also suffers from a lack of moisture.  I decided it was time to talk to the doctor about those issues.  I thought maybe there was something else going on with me.  After speaking to the doctor he assured me it was part of my Diabetes and it was called Gastroenteropathy. 
 
Diabetic  Gastroenteropathy manifesting in upper gastrointestinal symptoms, delayed gastric emptying, constipation, diarrhea and fecal incontinence occurs frequently in patients with diabetes mellitus and represents a significant health care burden.
Source:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2854169/

The term diabetic Gastroenteropathy encompasses all gastrointestinal complications of diabetes, which may manifest in dysphagia, heartburn, abdominal pain or discomfort, early satiety, nausea, vomiting, postprandial fullness and bloating; as well as in constipation, diarrhea, and fecal incontinence.
Source:  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2854169/

The whole thing I am learning about this problem with Diabetes is that they need to do a lot more research and studies with Diabetics who currently show signs and symptoms of these Gastrointestinal issues.

I hope you will read on this information and find out more about why you may be having issues with your bowels and gastro system as a Diabetic. 

If we can keep on talking and keep a good communication open then we serve our whole Diabetic community.  It is important to share what you know and research what you don't know and as always if you wish to connect with me I am on google at diabetic.day2013@gmail.com also follow me on twitter at #DiabeticDay. 




No comments:

Post a Comment